6.19.2011

that darn sippy cup.

There are many times in the first year of a child's life where the mommy must win the battle. Child sleeping through the night, telling child 'no' and sticking to it, weaning from the breast and going solely to the bottle, teaching the love of veggies.....and so on and so on. So what's the thing that I'm trying to win the battle on these days? Weaning from formula to cow's milk. I had really hoped that this would be an easy transition. Isaiah has been a pretty easy baby for the most part. He can be pretty stubborn at times, testing if what I say is really what I mean. But man oh man, getting rid of the formula has been a lot longer of a process than I had expected. First it was getting rid of the bottle {he's not a baby anymore! no more bottle! so crazy}, and now that darn formula. I'm realizing more and more it is the mode of transport to his mouth that allows him to drink more some days than others....which brings up how much baby stuff costs! Want to try a new sippy cup? You gotta drop $5-$10 every time! I was hoping we would be farther along with the weaning process to cow's milk. But, he is one smart cookie who knows what he wants. Our ratio at the moment is 6-8oz of formula to 1 oz. of cow's milk. I suppose this is one of those "battles" that I'm going to have to give loads of give and take. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment