7.25.2010

my brother, the solider

my brother. 4 years and 2 days younger than me. i love this guy. i would lay down my life for him if i had to. but he's the one laying down his life for me. we fought most of our childhood. but we understand each other now.

Noah is currently fighting for our freedom in Afghanistan. This picture was taken the day he graduated from Corpsman school. You sound it out like core-man...unlike how our lovely President sounded it out multiple times during a speech to the nation. Noah sees things that I only see in movies. I always knew that Noah would be in some sort of military job....he wanted to take care of people and to help them. We played tons of cops and robbers, he was obsessed with fire trucks, and our older brother was in the Army so from a young age he loved camo. Actually, if I remember right, Noah accepted Christ while watching a fire truck drive by with its sirens on. I can't imagine what Noah goes through on a daily basis in Afghanistan. He faces shooting daily, has to take care of a bunch a Marines, and has to live in a legit desert. with no freezer. crazy.
Our make belief growing up is now his reality.

I am proud of my brother. I love my brother. I miss my brother. Come home swiftly to us Noah. Stay safe. Fight hard. We support you and the cause. Because of you, the fight hasn't come to us. Thank you for giving my son a safe place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment