7.15.2010

an ode to my animals....

I have two wonderful creatures that live with me & my hubby and now Isaiah.
First animal is my pretty little kitty: Lexicon Jasmine. For short we call her Lexi. How did we come up with such a bizarre name? Brian named her. Lexicon is a type of lighting board (if I remember correctly) and we figured that we should name our animals the weirdest names so that we didn't want to name our kids weird off the wall names.
This is Lexi. A sweet, freakishly small, ridiculously shy, loves to eat our eyelashes while we sleep cat. We call her our love child. The day we got back from our honeymoon (4 years and one month ago), we went to my parents house to open all of our wedding gifts and heard there were free kittens at a house nearby. I pleaded with Brian and, he gave in. Lexi was the cat that wouldn't come to me and was petrified of people. She was hiding under a table and shaking. I was in love. When I was pregnant she would come curl up on my lap and lay her head on my belly. She either thought it was an awesome pillow, or knew she had to keep my belly safe. I like to think the latter. When we brought Isaiah home from the hospital, she was spooked. She was happy to see me, but not the thing that I was holding. That didn't last long though. Now she's back to herself, jumping on my lap and curling up next to me~especially when I'm feeding Isaiah. She's a little momma herself. She doesn't like many people, and I love that she feels safe with me.

This is Daisy. Our first dog. Our "if we can keep a dog alive and trained, then we're ready to have kids" dog. My puppy. She's a little over 2 years old and still has that puppy spirit. She still gets excited when we come home~even if we've only been gone for a moment. I got to name her, and I couldn't come up with anything clever. I wanted to use a musical term, but couldn't think of anything. I mean, who wants to be yelling out "come here forte!"? Lame. So, we named her Daisy. When I was pregnant, Daisy would sniff my belly. When I became huge, just like Santa Claus, she became very aware that something was changing. Then, when the stroller, the highchair, and the pack n play came into the house, she was very aware. When we brought Isaiah home from the hospital, Daisy wanted to sniff. and lick. When he cried for the first time, Daisy whined and paced back and forth like she was begging us to make him stop. Now she just buries her head in her bed and tries to sleep through it. I love this dog. We were the proud owners when she passed through puppy training. And, well, scoffed at the other dogs who didn't, who couldn't hold a flame to our dog.
I love these animals. They drive me crazy at times, but when they cuddle and give the cutest looks, I melt. I can't wait for Isaiah to love on these animals....I'm sure there will be more pulling of ears and tails before there is actual "love" but you get my drift.

I can't help but post when I get a cute picture of him smiling.....



No comments:

Post a Comment