7.20.2010

Yesterday was a fantastic day. A great way to start off my week with Isaiah. First, he slept in his crib for all of his naps yesterday (which is a major accomplishment since he had NEVER done it before), second, I went to the doctors and got the go ahead that I can now resume all normal activity, and third, my super duper cute labels from amazinglabels.com came in. Oh yeah! and fourth, Isaiah did this:




I've realized I'm obsessed with the color green. Actually, I realized this obsession as I was looking around my house and saw the green pillows, green photo album, Isaiah looking super cute in a green onesie, the green diaper bag, Isaiah's green bedding, my green shirt...I don't know where the love of green came from, but I love the color green. Kelly green, mint green, lime green, sage green and of course, Christmas green. I think I could have my whole house green and I would be a-ok with it. Well, I would need to have splashes of bright blue, yellow, loads of brown and a hint of orange. Such random colors but they sure do make me happy. Maybe it's my love of nature and wanting to bring it into my house. Suburbia doesn't always have the best "natural" settings to go walk in. Yes, there are the beautiful trees strategically placed and the perfectly mowed lawns~my mum refers to this area as "stepford village." Some might find it offensive, but you know what, this area is kind of like Disneyland with everything so well maintained. It is nice have everything so manicured, but how I dream of living with wide open spaces, rolling hills, mature trees that God himself put there and a place where my kids can run free all the quiet of the backyard. Maybe one day....if only this dream could be combined with the city...oh how life would be perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment